Playmex is the innovative crypto-currency trading platform
with features such as 1-Click Trading, SuperDOM,
Deep Volume Monitor & Anti-liquidation Insurances.
The product had a legacy UI kit previously created by an external design agency. It was incomplete and disordered. Many of the interface components and widgets were not relevant or missing.
Playmex was an early-stage startup, and I worked under limited time constraints. There was no budget and time for user research, so I interviewed my colleagues and friends to validate my design ideas.
• Revamp or create from scratch missing interface elements
• Research, prototype and implement new product features
• Prepare design to development hand-off
• Create branding kit and product landing page
• Receive reasonable hints and tips for the trading
• Have a clear overview of the trading process
• Get perks and bonuses, like weekly or monthly challenges
• Be able to set up stop loss feature
• Need to learn tons of information to start with the trading
• Concerns about losing money on crypto trading
• High fees on the similar platforms
• Get ultimate control over the trading process
• Have a multiple of cryptocurrencies to trade
• Be able to trade on high leverage
• Get access to pro features, like automated trading
• Some tools not allowing him to gain full control over the process
• Lack of unique features tailored to his daily tasks
• Few crypto assets to trade on similar platforms
Working on Playmex was quite challenging since cryptocurrency trading was a completely new area to me. I never worked with similar projects before. I had to dive in quickly and start delivering.
It is important to mention that I was the sole product designer with limited time constraints and resources.
I had to figure out how I can do user research to validate my design decisions. The outcome of this work was a success.